In recognition for 30 years of nurses helping nurses, Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses invites you to attend the Spring Advocate Workshop, April 28-29, 2017. We are privileged to include Saturday guest speakers featuring, “The Science of Recovery: An Advanced Clinical Seminar on Addiction and Recovery,” by Dr. Cardwell C. Nuckols, PhD. and David Walsh, MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC. We would be most honored to have you attend.
• NEW Approved Advocates
• Active Advocates
• Board of Nursing Staff and Board Members
• Employers of Nurses
• Treatment and Mental Health providers
Cost: No charge to TPAPN Advocates includes workshop materials, contact hours and meals.
Registration: Friday: 8:00 a.m.- 8:30 a.m.; Saturday: 8:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
Lunch, breaks and materials will be provided to all workshop attendees who have preregistered.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. session/3.0 total Nursing Contact Hours; 1.5 Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals (TCBAP) Hours
Saturday: 9:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. session/2.0 total Nursing Contact Hours; 1.4 Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professional (TCBAP) Hours
(Must attend the full workshop to receive hours)
Friday Objectives: TPAPN Staff
1. Chronic disease model of addiction.
2. Stigma reduction related to substance use and psychiatric illness.
3. Establish appropriate boundaries.
4. Confidentiality in social media and electronic communication.
***Friday Night Dinner***
You’re invited to join us for a celebration dinner at the Omni Austin Hotel SouthPark. Reserve your spot now, SPACE IS LIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To reserve your spot now, you must register and pay the (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee by March 3, 2017
$50/person (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee includes: driver service, dinner and entertainment at Esther’s Follies.
· Entrée: Lean beef brisket & smoked sausage
· Salads: Hill country salad, Creamy Cole slaw
· Sides: Baked beans, Buttered whole kernel corn & Bread
· Desert: Home-baked cookies/Fruit tray
· Drinks: Iced tea & water
(Soft drinks – $2.00 each & bottled water – $2.50 each available upon request)
Saturday Objectives: (9:30am - 12:00pm) Cardwell Nuckols, PhD
1. How addiction progresses involving different neurobiological and neurotransmitter systems and what this means in regard to treatment.
2. How social group participation enhances patient well-being in early recovery.
3. How new research on the neurobiology of prefrontal cortical functioning is related to patient relapse.
Saturday Objectives: (1:00pm - 3:15pm) David Walsh, MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC
Following the presentation and lunch, the workshop will continue and conclude with the Advocate Recognition Ceremony, frequently noted by attendees as a most inspiring event.
Hotel Reservations: TPAPN has a special rate of $139.00 per night, at Omni Austin Hotel SouthPark. Reservations should be made by 5pm, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, via web: https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/austin-southpark/meetings/texas-peer-assistance-program-for-nurses or by calling Omni Reservations at 1-800-THE-OMNI and refer to the group name: TPAPN.
Texas Nurses Association/Foundation Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals Committee, Provider No. 0651-91 (2.5) hours general, Expires 04/17.
Complaints about provider or workshop content may be directed to the TCBAP Standards Committee, 1005 Congress Avenue, Ste. 460, Austin, Texas, 78701, Fax Number (512)467-7297.